Wednesday, July 29, 2026

Saugus Food Drive

I read about a food drive going on at Saugus High School, on July 25th. A member of their football team came up with the idea.

I am always buying food for the poor, as you all know, so it was no problem to buy a few cans for this food drive.

We brought 2 bags worth over to the school, and we noticed a (we thought) mother taking photos. It ended up being a photographer from The Signal.

So there we are, featured prominently in their story. You can see the entire layout, HERE.

If you want to see what was donated, here is a photo for my records.

The small cans are single serving soups, that are already rehydrated, so all you need to do is heat it a bit.

Great for seniors, and homeless.

We get them from the senior center, and if we don't want the soup, it gets donated, so it does not go to waste.

I am still shocked that we ended up in the paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment