Thursday, September 4, 2014

Blueberry & Fig Crisp

So, here I am with another basket of mission figs and I still have fig jelly left over from 2 weeks ago. I also have some blueberries hanging around that were about to go bad and so I needed to get rid of them, pronto.

I put blueberry and fig recipes in the search engine and I came up with an excellent idea for a dessert, Blueberry and Fig Crisp.

Back in my growing up days, our school served Apple Crisp. It was the most excellent of desserts. I still miss it. :-)

This wonderful website called A Good Appetite has the recipe that I decided to make: Fig and Blueberry Crisp.

There are notes all over the webpage that forbid me from copying their recipe, so click the link above, if interested in making this.

The one thing I added was a quarter cup of oats, because that is what I remember a crisp having and since it's just for me, it had to be right.

It was major yum. The figs stand out on their own and the blueberries add texture and richness without overpowering the figs. When you view the photo you can see the lighter juice on the topping is the figs and the darker juice is the blueberries.

Major win!

No comments:

Post a Comment