Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Roasted Asparagus

I saw this recipe on P. Allen Smith's Garden to Table the other day and I had to use my memory, because it was not to be found online.

Roasted Asparagus

1 package of asparagus
1 lemon cut in half.
Use the first half for thinly sliced pieces to go on the asparagus and the other half, to sprinkle juice onto the entire pan of asparagus.
5 Sprigs of Rosemary
Cracked Pepper and Salt to taste
Olive Oil drizzled onto everything

Wash and break off the bottom of the asparagus. Lay them onto a cookie sheet that is covered with parchment paper. Lay the rosemary sprigs between some of the asparagus.
Lay the lemon slices from the 1/2 lemon, onto the asparagus and rosemary.
Then sprinkle with the lemon juice from the other 1/2 lemon, the cracked pepper and the salt, to taste.
Drizzle the entire pan with a couple of tablespoons of olive oil.

Put into a 375 degree oven.

About 10 minutes in, turn over the asparagus and spices.

Roast about another 10 minutes and then take out of the oven.

Remove the lemon and rosemary, when you serve it.

Yum.

2 comments:

  1. You know I love Asparagus, butI don't think I can talk Geoff in to making them, but they sound nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went home last night and there wasn't an asparagus to be found in the house. I guess it was a hit.

    ReplyDelete