Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Cloudcakes

It took me months to get around to it, but I finally made these pancakes.

They are called Cloudcakes and I got it from (I believe) Linda Howard/Linda Jones Facebook Page. When I went looking for the source of the recipe today, I found out it was America's Test Kitchen's Christopher Kimball, who had it.

The secret to making them, is to beat the egg whites until they are light and fluffy and the mix them into the batter. It makes the pancakes light and filled with air. They are easier to eat, then a regular pancake. In other words, they are not heavy and don't make you feel like you have a lump of dough in your stomach.

Being I try not to have too many carbs at a time, these sounded good.

My personal problem with them was that I made an incredible amount of dirty dishes, just to make a few pancakes. Be cautioned about this!

Otherwise, I was very happy with them and enjoyed them immensely...so you decide.

You can see the recipe, HERE.

3 comments:

  1. they remind me of pikelets, which are also fairly light...looks yummy regardless of what you call them

    ReplyDelete
  2. I checked them out and they do look a lot like your pikelets. Thanks for teaching me another Aussie name. :-)

    If you come back this way, we have Tam Tams in the Jewish Food aisle of my supermarket. I think of you, when I see them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's a new location for them... ;-)

    ReplyDelete