My son decided that he wanted to go to dinner with us in Ventura and more importantly, he wanted to be picked up at East Ventura Station. I was like, OK, if you insist...and what the heck is East Ventura Station?
Before I gave up my commute by train, I used to see a train with Montalvo on it, so my thought was, did they rename the train station? It ended up that this was exactly the case. It is right by one of the more popular areas of Ventura, the Harbor area and Victoria Ave. As a matter of fact, we usually stay at a hotel within feet of the station. OK, so I knew the area, but we had no idea how to get to it.
Well, thank goodness for the direction feature in our phone. The nice digital lady kept telling us to turn right and turn left and we ended up right there at this tiny little station. The station is SO tiny that the train comes in on a siding and then backs into the station.
They then leave the 3 trains on the siding overnight for service and storage and then the trains go back to LA in the morning. 3 out and 3 in.
If you click on the photo you can see (off in the distance) that the train is doing its backing into the station thing. It came as quite a surprise to me.
Thanks son, for teaching me something new.

No comments:
Post a Comment