Happy 4th Of July!
Stay safe, everyone.
I bought blueberries the other day. I took them to work for a small snack and found out that they had no flavor. What, I said, no flavor? What's going on here?
I found out that sometimes they are picked before they are ready and I guess this was the case for these. So I decided (after seeing a recipe on P.Allen Smith's show) that cobbler was the way to make these babies shine.
So thanks to him and his guest, Capi, I now have Blueberry-Nectarine Cobbler for dessert Sunday Evening. Their recipe was for blackberries and peaches, but I prefer nectarines and I had the blueberries, so what the heck.
You can print out your own copy, at his website, HERE.
Note, it won't let me copy it onto my blog. The things people do to get page hits...sigh.
UPDATE:
My friend, The Dimension Skipper, got it to copy and so here is the recipe. Enjoy.
Ingredients
2 cups fresh blackberries
2 cups fresh peaches, peeled and cut into bite size pieces
2/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
8 tablespoons unsalted butter plus an additional 2 to 3 tablespoons
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon powdered sugar
Instructions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 10-inch pie pan or shallow ovenproof dish. Combine the blackberries and peaches in the buttered dish and sprinkle with half of the sugar.
In the work bowl of a food processor, combine the flour with the baking powder and salt. Add 8 tablespoons of butter, tablespoon by tablespoon, and pulse until a lumpy mixture forms.
Beat the half cup of heavy cream in an electric mixer with the whisk attachment. Add the powdered sugar just before the cream becomes whipped. Add the cream to the flour mixture and continue to pulse until dough holds together. The dough will be quite soft.
Drop spoonfuls of the dough over the berry-peach mixture. Melt 2 to 3 tablespoons of butter and drizzle over the dough. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/3 cup of sugar.
Bake the cobbler for 30 to 35 minutes or until the dough begins to turn a light brown. Serve with vanilla ice cream or sweetened whipped cream.
Serves 6 to 8
Recipe provided by Capi Peck, Capi's Restaurant.

Well, it let *me* copy & paste it just fine from that page, but then I'm *SPECIAL*... ;-)
ReplyDelete__________
Ingredients
2 cups fresh blackberries
2 cups fresh peaches, peeled and cut into bite size pieces
2/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
8 tablespoons unsalted butter plus an additional 2 to 3 tablespoons
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon powdered sugar
Instructions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 10-inch pie pan or shallow ovenproof dish. Combine the blackberries and peaches in the buttered dish and sprinkle with half of the sugar.
In the work bowl of a food processor, combine the flour with the baking powder and salt. Add 8 tablespoons of butter, tablespoon by tablespoon, and pulse until a lumpy mixture forms.
Beat the half cup of heavy cream in an electric mixer with the whisk attachment. Add the powdered sugar just before the cream becomes whipped. Add the cream to the flour mixture and continue to pulse until dough holds together. The dough will be quite soft.
Drop spoonfuls of the dough over the berry-peach mixture. Melt 2 to 3 tablespoons of butter and drizzle over the dough. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/3 cup of sugar.
Bake the cobbler for 30 to 35 minutes or until the dough begins to turn a light brown. Serve with vanilla ice cream or sweetened whipped cream.
Serves 6 to 8
Recipe provided by Capi Peck, Capi's Restaurant.
Wow, Cool!
ReplyDeleteThanks Dim Skip!
My guys begged me and so I made it again today for our dessert on the 4th and it came out even better. I used peaches this time and less blueberries, and you could still see some of the peaches in the cobbler. The nectarines got lost in the blueberries, last time. If you do it, enjoy. It's worth the effort.
ReplyDelete