Our cat occasionally has eye problems.
We happened to mention this to the Vet, back in March and she gave us this very expensive product called Vetri-Lysine Plus. I was not happy with the thought of paying a fortune ($27) for something that I didn't think was the solution to the problem. She had diagnosed the problem by hearing that the cat usually had the problem in just her right eye. I had thought it was from her rubbing things (as cats are wont to do), but I did decide to try the stuff out. I was supposed to feed her 4 a day (2 at a time), but again, I wasn't happy with that. So I finally started her on 2 a day, after her first 1/2 can of food and before her second 1/2 can. So now this has become the new routine in the house...I sit down at the desk and she comes and sits on the top of it, waiting for her Lysine chews, which sit on the first shelf (see photo). They are fish shaped and she adores them.
As a matter of fact, she wants more (what a surprise) and so most of the evening, as I work on the computer, I get the cat meowing in my ear. Scares the stuffing out of me. :-)
The bottom line is, that so far, 4 months in, she has not had a problem with her eye. I am glad I am just giving her the 2 chews, though if her eye has problems, I will probably increase the dose to the full amount.
Also in good news, I found the bags of treats on amazon for half the price that I paid at the vet.
If you have similar problems with your cat, ask your Vet about these. I am pretty impressed with them.

Poor, Poor Makenna She does what ever cat's will do, and if She gets a laugh out of it, more power to her. Clarisse will knock me on my shoulder if I don't have treats out for Her. Considering we can't pick her up, it always surprises me when she does that. The life with Cats...
ReplyDeleteTrust me, she does not feel like poor Makenna. The cat loves the things. :-)
ReplyDeleteI was being sarcastic, I know she enjoys the treats, but if she is anything like Clarisse she is playing a game looking for more. That is why Clarisse also goes by the name Pudge, mine gets what every she wants, and yours is nice and trim.
ReplyDeleteNot trim, trust me. :-)
ReplyDelete