Sunday, July 21, 2013

This Year's Crop Of Nectarines (and the start of a countdown)

I have just 3 more weeks til I am leaving for school. I will be counting them down each Sunday.

Remember my neighbor gave us a bag of peaches the other week. Well, right after we cooked them up into peach compote, I walked around to the fruit tree side of my house and found out my neighbor wasn't the only one who had a fruit problem...we did too.

In our case it was our nectarine tree that was just loaded with fruit. Seriously, who knew?

So the week after I made the peach compote, I picked our tree and made nectarine and blueberry compote. Sigh...

There are even more on the tree, but they were not ripe at the time, so I think more nectarine compote is in our future.

Maybe I will freeze this batch. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment