I got some chicken thighs for a cheap price and went looking for something to make with them. I was waiting for a call to pick up someone in the Valley, so I wanted something that would be cooking while I was gone. This fit the bill.
I found this recipe in "My Recipes". It seemed different and so I took what I had in the house and made it.
I thought it came out pretty darn good. Browning of the skin, before putting it onto the top of the vegetables would have helped. My Husband said it was bland, but I personally would have added more spice (except that I was worried that he wouldn't eat it). You just never win with these things. :-)
Definitely worth a try and great that I did not have to worry about dinner, once it was all assembled.
Ingredients:
1 medium onion, halved lengthwise and sliced
4 medium-size new potatoes (about 1 pound), cut into 1-inch-thick wedges
2 cups baby carrots
1/4 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup dry white wine
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
1 teaspoon paprika
6 bone-in, skinless chicken thighs
Preparation:
1. Place onion in a lightly greased 6-qt. slow cooker; top with potatoes and carrots.
Combine broth, next 3 ingredients, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
Pour broth mixture over vegetables.
Combine paprika, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper; rub evenly over chicken thighs.
Arrange chicken on top of vegetables.
2. Cover and cook on HIGH 1 hour; reduce heat to LOW, and cook 6 to 7 hours or until chicken is done and vegetables are tender.

No comments:
Post a Comment