This is actually my second time preparing this recipe and I decided that I liked it enough, to share with you.
I am not usually one to break out the crock pot, but country pork ribs are so fatty and it is so hard to get rid of the fat, that I gave this a try. When they are done, the fat just falls out of the meat and you can discard it, along with the fat that floats at the top of the gravy.
It is not "fall off the bone" done, but it is definitely easier to eat than a hard tough piece of pork.
(Click the name of the dish down below, to go to the original recipe.)
Slow Cooker Country Ribs In Beer
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 6 or more hours
Container: 3 quart or larger slow cooker
Servings: 4
Ingredients
4 large boneless country-style ribs
salt and pepper
2 onions
1/2 cup barbeque sauce, bottled OR
make your own sauce:
1/2 cup ketchup
1 tablespoon prepared mustard
1 teaspoon molasses or honey
1 teaspoon chili powder and/or garlic powder
1/2 cup beer
1 teaspoon cornstarch (optional, for thickening sauce)
Directions
Remove any large areas of fat from meat and salt and pepper both sides. Chop onions and spread over bottom of cooker. Put meat on onions. Mix the bottled barbeque with the beer; OR mix the ketchup, mustard, molasses (or honey) and chili powder (and/or garlic powder) together and then mix with the beer.
Pour the sauce mixture over meat, cover and cook on HIGH: 4-5 hours, on LOW: 8-10 hours. (Time for your particular cooker may vary somewhat from these times, so check for doneness a little earlier.)
To serve, lift meat and onions out with spatula. Pour liquid into a narrow jar or glass, let stand 1 - 2 minutes, and spoon off the fat that rises to the top.
Pour sauce over meat. If you wish to thicken sauce to make it more gravy-like, mix 1 teaspoon cornstarch into 1 tablespoon water and add to sauce. Boil in a small saucepan for 2-3 minutes, or until clear. Spoon over meat.
This is angel, with a few more things to say.
Don't use all that onion! One is plenty and as a matter of fact, I doubled the recipe and still used just the one onion and it was just fine.
I made my recipe (both times) with the make your own sauce. I liked it a lot.
If you make it, add some rice as a side dish, to sop up some of the gravy...and enjoy.

No comments:
Post a Comment