Friday, October 3, 2014

A Tribute To Greta, 1 Year Later

A friend of my family passed away last October 3rd. I did not hear about it for a bit, but when I did, I found her page on Facebook and through it, her younger brother's page.

For some reason, that I don't totally understand, I have kept track of him and his wonderful family. I don't feel right asking to be his friend, but through his grief, maybe I too have had some healing. I almost feel bad about it, because technically she was much younger than I was. As a matter of fact, she was almost 6 years younger than me. But I mourn, because she was one of us. My brother took her to the prom and I was asked to photograph the two of them. That is the photo you see up above.

Their Mother was the journalist in our little town. She wrote for a publication called Hicksville Illustrated News. So even though I was 3,000 miles away, my Mom would send me clippings about things that were going on in my old home town.

Greta had long ago moved to Tennessee and eventually her Mom went down there too. I basically lost track...until I got the news.

I will be thinking of you today, Greta and of course, I will say a prayer for you.

2 comments:

  1. think I heard about this, but it happen 7 I did not think about it too much. You had more of a reason to look in to it than I did. I am so sorry to hear about Greta, & I hope for all the best for their Family. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. We heard about it from Shelly. So very sad.

    ReplyDelete