It was excitement day, once again. My box was coming from Abundant Harvest Organics.
Being it was a change of seasons, I expected some different things and that did indeed happen.
He is what I got in my box.
5 Bartlett Pears
8 Carrots
2 bunches of Grapes (Autumn Royal, of course)
Green Kale (A huge amount)
4 Hot Chilies (the tiny ones that they put into Chinese Food, I think)
Lemon Grass
Lettuce (Red Leaf, of course)
2 Red and 1 White Onion
9 Radishes
2 Summer Squash (Zucchini)
1 big Sweet Potato and 3 little ones
A bunch of Thyme (ooh)
6 Tomatoes
My thoughts this time around. Kale Soup. I found a really good recipe that used the kale and lots of vegetables in it. I made it on Sunday for dinner and decided after I massaged it and blended it with my immersion blender, that I would prefer adding it after. It was strained and so I got rid of the hard stuff and just the vitamins are left (I hope). Other vegetables added into the soup were the carrots, zucchini, red potatoes, a left over sweet potato, an onion and a cut up ear of corn, along with a can of black beans. I also had 2 pork chops and cut them up, fried them for a bit and added it to the soup, toward the end. I thought it came out excellent! I will post the recipe another day.
The pears and grapes go in fruit salad, as usual.
The lettuce, radishes and tomatoes, in my salad.
Not sure what to do with the Lemon Grass, but I will look around and see what you add it to.
I had chicken breasts that I needed to use up, so I made General Tsao's Chicken and used the tiny hot peppers and the red onion. It was a great idea, but next time I will bread the chicken, before stir frying with the Trader Joe's sauce. Highly recommended, by the way. Here is a video, showing one way to make the dinner entree.
So I think I made a good dent in the produce this weekend.
All in all, a good box.

My stomach took on look at the whole meal & decided to just have some oatmeal, or anything a lot less hot like ice cream, a roll mash potatoes anything a lot calmer then that. The sad thing is I use to like it a lot, but not my stomach hates it.
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear that. It seems to be treating me well, so far.
ReplyDelete