Tuesday, October 14, 2014

My 5th Order From Abundant Harvest Organics

Another Saturday, another box and yes, there were some surprises.

5 Tiny Gala Apples
1 head of Broccoli
A basket of Cherry Tomatoes (I love these)
One huge white Daikon Radish OMG!
A head of Red and Green Lettuce
2 cracked Pomegranates
A bunch of Rosemary
3 Shallots
4 Summer Squash (different colors, green and yellow and one that was green and yellow)
5 tiny Sweet Peppers
5 Sweet Potatoes (mostly small ones)

Add On's for the week:

2 Lb (6 nice sized) Tomatoes ($3.50)
1 Lb (7 perfect size) of Pickling Cucumbers ($3.00)

My first surprise was that there were no more grapes from Uncle Vernon's Farm. Oh well, I guess he is now are making raisins on his farm.

My first problem produce ended up getting eaten up by my family. The Daikon Radish, which I had no idea what to do with, I ended up cutting very small slices with my mandoline and making Baked Radish Chips. They were gone an hour after dinner. They will, of course, get their own post.

The rosemary is a slight problem, because I grow rosemary by my pond, oh well. I shall dry them, eventually.

I now have a huge amount of sweet potatoes. We had the very large one from the last box, that my Husband and I decided to have for dinner on Saturday. It was good, by the way. They also keep for a good long time, so being it is fall, I will make something with them. Maybe even a sweet potato pie. We shall see.

The cracked (this means something good with pomegranates) pomegranates, I have no idea what to do with. I am sure I will eventually figure something out.

The Broccoli was no problem, it was cooked for dinner that Saturday evening.

I am sure the other produce will get eaten, over the next 2 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment