Tuesday, October 28, 2014

My 6th Order From Abundant Harvest Organics

Well, my box came and it was the weirdest one yet.

I am looking forward to making something wonderful (cookies, bread, cake or pudding) with the persimmons. Their problem is that they are baking persimmons and you have to wait for them to get ripe, before you can bake with them. Your other option is to freeze them and then thaw them. According to Uncle Vern, they will be fine, after they thaw out.

Without further adieu, here is the list of what I got.

3 Granny Smith Apples

1 bunch of Bok Choi

1 bunch of Collard Greens

9 Hachiya Persimmons

1 Mini Pumpkin

Purple Basil

A huge amount of Spinach

6 Summer Squash

2 large Sweet Potatoes

3 Tomatoes

I have already used half the bok choi in a chinese stir fry I made and I have half of everything left and will make a second batch, next week. Spinich will go into my salad, as will the tomatoes. The apples go into our fruit salad and somewhere I will cook the summer squash...probably next week.

The collard greens were made in my crock post on Sunday evening and a recipe will post sometime this week.

That's it!

No comments:

Post a Comment