Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Skillet Glazed Sweet Potatoes



Not something that I normally make, but I brought it to our Christmas Party yesterday and it was a big hit.



I had 3 sweet potatoes left over from Thanksgiving and so I put them into the oven to cook. As they were doing their thing, I asked my son and his friends (who were cooking in my kitchen) if they could find a recipe that would use them up. I wasn't in the mood to just have them as is, with a pat of butter. He found this recipe via About.com and decided it worked perfectly.

I totally agree.



Skillet Glazed Sweet Potatoes


Sweet potatoes are cooked in the skillet with brown sugar and butter, along with other seasonings.
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Ingredients:

1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup water
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 medium sweet potatoes, cooked, peeled, and sliced

Preparation:
In a heavy skillet, combine brown sugar, water, butter, and salt. Simmer for 5 minutes. Add sliced sweet potatoes. Simmer for 10 minutes, turning frequently.
Serves 4.

It was very easy to do and the smell as they are cooking, is just wonderful. It is a little less complicated then the normal sweet potato casserole, that we had on Thanksgiving and you feel just a little less guilty. ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Now this recipe sounds really good, I think I will mention to Geoff, and we will see how it goes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I said, Justin found it. We enjoyed and have made it several times...including for the party. Tastes festive, without being too complicated.

    ReplyDelete