
My Husband and I used to spend each Christmas Eve at the Music Center. In the 80's, they would end each performance of the Los Angeles County Holiday Program, with a compressed version of The Nutcracker, performed by the Long Beach Ballet. I loved it! Not only because it signified the end of a long 12 plus hour work day (I was in the remote truck operating the Electronic Graphics for the show), but because I loved the music...and of course, the dance.
Fast forward 21 years and you find me and my Husband checking out our towns Performing Arts Center schedule and what do they have? The Nutcracker!
We decided to attend and yesterday was the day. Our PAC is small, which meant that every seat is prime. We had wonderful views of the children and the incredible costumes they wore. When they came out, in their European finery, I started to cry. Don't ask, I have NO clue why. Thankfully, before my Husband caught me at it, I finally got control of myself and enjoyed the rest of the show.
All I can say is the audience, which was at least half children, didn't say a peep during the entire thing and that showed how enchanting this ballet still is. Most all the children in the audience were dressed in their go to Church finery, each dreaming of someday dancing the lead. It was so cute to see.
I am so glad that I finally got to see the entire performance...it was so worth the modest price we paid.
You cried because you are OLD, not really I am so glad you were able to see the Nutcracker, to me it is something that should be done this time of year. :-)
ReplyDeleteOh, thanks so much for the "Old" comment. lol
ReplyDeleteYes, it totally made us both be in the Christmas/Holiday mood.