Happy Passover!
My "Secret" recipe for Matzo Ball's comes from the Manischewitz Matzo Meal box...well, it did until recently. When I pulled out the box on Sunday, I found that they have replaced this tried and true recipe with something called Fluffy Matzo Balls. Oh, major yuck!
So the trusty Internet came to my rescue. I found the Classic recipe on their website and it follows here and down below. By the way, in my husband's family, a generous shake of cinnamon is added to the mixture.
I normally double this recipe and when I form the matzo balls, I moisten my hands. This helps keep the matzo ball from sticking to your hand. I rinse my hands again after making about 5 matzo balls No matter how you make them...enjoy.
Manischewitz Matzo Balls
Ingredients:
* 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
* 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
* 1/2 cup Manischewitz® Matzo Meal
* 2 tablespoons Manischewitz® broth or water
* 1 teaspoon salt, if desired
To Cook You Will Need:
* A small bowl
* 6 cups (1-1/2 quarts) cold water
* 4 quart pot
Preparation:
In a bowl beat eggs; add oil, Manischewitz® Matzo Meal and salt. Blend together. Add broth or water and mix until uniform. Cover and chill in refrigerator for about 20 minutes. In the meantime, bring 6 cups (1-1/2 quarts) salted water to a brisk boil. Remove chilled matzo ball mixture from refrigerator. Moisten hands and form batter into matzo balls, approximately 1 inch in diameter. Reduce heat. Drop matzo balls into pot of boiling water. Cover tightly and simmer until thoroughly cooked, about 30-40 minutes. Remove matzo balls from water. Serve at room temperature, or warmer. If serving in soup, place matzo balls in soup pot and allow to simmer in soup for about 5 minutes or until heated through.
Well now I know what you were talking about yesterday when you said you had already done the Blog for today. well I hope you enjoyed the balls. :-)
ReplyDeleteJust ate some as leftovers. Yum!!!
ReplyDelete