
One of the most incredible things is when you can get up on stage and watch a production being shot. There is an energy and excitement, chaos and surprisingly, organization as the professionals and the newbies go at it. Creating something from nothing, ultimately for broadcast. I have had the honor to work many a stage production during the 80's and 90's. Never enough though, because we gave up a huge amount of production as the 90's ended and also, I was in Operations during those years, raising my son. But like a horse who remembers how to race, I still remember what stage production entails.
This stage is B.
It is our largest soundstage, home of among other things, Cosmos, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, Puzzle Place (year 2) and my personal favorite, American Bandstand's final year with Dick Clark (which I had the honor of working).
Stage B is allowed the most audience, because it has 3 emergency exit doors (we put in the third one for some production back in the late 80's). When it is empty, it is huge! The lighting booth is way up in the rafters, though we have moved the
Control Rooms over to our Digital building, the ETC. They used to be in an area between the two Stages. The staircase leading to them, is still there at the corner of the stage.
I hope you enjoyed your visit.
Why would anyone want to give that up? Just want to know. Hope you have a great Easter, I know we will. :-)
ReplyDeleteThe kid came first, perhaps? :-)
ReplyDeleteGlad you got the bread and will get to have some on Easter Sunday.