
My Water Post For Today.
We went to Lowe's.
After getting everything on the list, I mentioned that we should really check out low voltage lights for the front of the house. Our current ones are 26 years old and they look it. We found an arts and crafts style set of solar lights and broke down and bought them. They should match the door real well.
We thought we were done...
Not so fast woman! Look at me!
There it was, a really cute solar turtle on the next rack, calling to me. I liked it, but there was absolutely no price on it, on the rack where it sat, or on any of the other turtles. That should have been it...but the turtle just wouldn't let me walk away from it. I saw a worker with one of those price guns and I got her attention. It ended up being only $19.99.
My response...I said, SOLD!
By pure fluke, we had a 10 percent discount. That made the price $2 less, which was just a little bit better and now it lives by our pond.
The solar rock behind it is where the batteries charge and maybe an hour or so after I added it to my pond, a lizard was seen sunning itself on the fake solar rock. I got a kick out of that. :-)
Welcome little green turtle. Enjoy our pond.
aaah, how sweet. do you have a name for your new solar pet...?
ReplyDeleteI hope the name will be better than "CJ" or baby. Anyway, I like the water post for today. Keep them coming... :-)
ReplyDeleteThat would be JP...for Jean Paul Desmond. Why I remember that, I don't know. Anyway, I put the name into Google and it tells me that this name is from a Dark Shadows knock off called "Strange Paradise", which I don't remember at all. Hmmm...
ReplyDeleteGreen Turtle isn't good enough, Gina? lol
At this point I do know the Turtle was named after the person from Dark Shadows, and I agree with the person, however,I don't know of any other shows that came from it.... An as far as a name goes "Green Turtle" is just fine.
ReplyDeletelol. Green Turtle is fine, Angel :-)
ReplyDeleteThanks, G. :-)
ReplyDelete