Sunday, October 5, 2014

A Hall To Where?

Since I am trying to post a bit of a religious theme on Sunday mornings, I bring you this photo.

It is a handicapped ramp to bring parishioners to the plaza level of the Church complex at St. Kateri.

For the most part, I usually use the stairs. This particular weekend, there I was, in the ramp area.

I liked the look of the area and I decided to capture it on my camera.

The mauve color is the tunnel that goes under the roadway for the main entrance of the Church. So you are not just seeing the ramp, but through the tunnel itself.

It has got to be the most unusual design for a Church complex...but we love it.

To help answer the question of where this hall is and what the property of St. Kateri looks like, I have uploaded a Google Map of the complex (click the photo to see a larger image). The road labeled Tamarack, is the entrance that has the tunnel for us to walk through. The semi-circular building is the original Church (now Slattery Hall). The little building is the Parish offices and then the very large building is the main Church. The three buildings open up onto a plaza level, which you access via a large staircase or the handicapped ramp area along the side of Slattery Hall.

It is a very hilly piece of land that has 2 parking lots, two entrances off Copperhill Drive and a huge mountain at the top of the property. If they ever decide to expand to house a Catholic School, they would have to build a parking structure in that upper parking lot. That is because it is so low compared to the main street, that they could get away with it. I don't think that is an option anymore, but they did consider it, about 15 years ago.

I hope that helps.

2 comments:

  1. It's a very nice Ramp, I am a little confused. Where exactly do you pick it up in the Church parking lot? or where is the Plaza? Just some questions

    ReplyDelete
  2. See the Google Map and additional information that I added to the post. :-)

    ReplyDelete