I saw Guillermo del Toro's Pacific Rim last night, which I mentioned in a post HERE. My apologies if I give something away. I am trying not to.
A few things right off the bat. I was probably one of about 10 women in the audience. So this film was not shot with me in mind.
Max Martini had a much bigger role then I expected. A good thing.
It was 2 hours and 16 minutes and they really could have cut out 16 of them, easy.
It had more of a plot then I expected.
I loved the dog's name!
I loved the nod to a movie, at the end of the film. My Husband and I both got it!
I thought the acting was good and that is so important in a film where the acting is usually an afterthought.
What did I think of it? Well, I think I did mention that this movie wasn't made with me in mind. I bet you can figure out the rest, from that.
Am I glad I saw it...absolutely yes!
Most important, I do hope that it kick starts Max Martini's film career once again.
Good luck mate! ;-)

nice review...you made good points about the movie..intrigue my interest.
ReplyDeleteNow on to waiting game for Captain Phillips and Ten or Sabotage as the film be renamed, again...
Theresa: You will love the (I believe) first time you see Max in the movie! It reminds me of him in Season 3 of The Unit. :-)
ReplyDeleteI think so too as he looks great in the trailers i have viewed online..
ReplyDeleteThough his Aussie accent does remind me of one of my favorite episodes in Season 4...The Conduit. :-)
ReplyDeleteOk what is the name of the Dog?
ReplyDeleteMax, of course... :-)
ReplyDeleteOf course!
ReplyDeleteI am impress with Max and his co star Robert who continue to put in a long day of filming the robot scenes after suffering a whiplash . They were driving to the set early one morning and broadsides by a car. What a trooper...
ReplyDeleteWow, I haven't heard about that, Theresa. Max IS a Trooper... :-)
ReplyDeleteHe is and a good guy...wish the person who keeps causing him to take down his twitter and facebook accounts would leave him alone..his wife Kim also had to take her account down...not sure how this going to affect his fund raising for Will Garnder film...
ReplyDeleteI know people mentioned this on the Facebook pages, but there is a way to keep people from commenting on their page and even on their posts. Let's hope someone helps them and they eventually come back. I love keeping up with Max.
ReplyDeletetrue..me too..i read a tweet that max was having a problem with privacy issues on facebook..i didn't see anything that might cause a problem...not sure why he and kim left twitter..i thought twitter was safer... will keep them in my prayers...
ReplyDeleteI don't generally know much, but sometimes it just comes down to their safety or the children's safety and I can't fault them for pulling the plug. I don't understand people who stalk actors.
ReplyDelete