Friday, July 5, 2013

What Did Our 4th Look Like

It ended up being a quiet day here at the Angel House.

There was a 50-50 chance we would go see fireworks, but we went the entire lazy route and stayed home watching A Capitol 4th on PBS.

They had Barry Manilow and then Neil Diamond singing. What a surprise, Neil sang "America". :-)

We barbecued some ribs and cooked steak. I had some left over potato salad and coldslaw from Sunday and some fresh corn that I cooked. I rounded it out (mostly for my son) with some macarroni and cheese. He doesn't like macarroni salad, so I figured that would do just fine...and it did.

As I mentioned before, I did make cobbler again. Yum.

I was worried about my cat, Makenna, but she made it through with just pouting going on.

Nothing stopped her from getting her food, though.

I love that cat of mine.

A personal note.

Before I was a mother, I was an aunt.

27 years ago today, I became one.

Happy Birthday to my nephew and godson, Matt.

Much love your way today and always.

1 comment:

  1. Yes and Happy Birthday to Matt too, Love you very much

    ReplyDelete