Right down the street from where I work in Burbank, sits The Dolby Laboratories.
It is a pretty nice looking building, but I never in a million years thought I would enter it.
Circumstances got us a free screening at their theater and so last month we drove over to the building and got the chance that few people ever do, of visiting The Dolby Laboratories.
You park on the first level of the building, in the back and there is a door that you enter. Right there is an elevator, to take you to the other floors. There is also a corridor that leads to that door you see on the front side of the building.
In other words, the first floor is just a hall with 2 doors and an elevator. It was very weird.
The screening room or theater is up on the third floor and the main thing that surprised us, was the fact that there were about 12 speakers all around that small screening room. I was seriously worried that the volume was going to be too loud, but it was just fine.
The seats were the most comfortable leather seats I have ever been in. They reclined, of course and in addition, there were literally couches around, too. I guess for very laid back viewers.
I was impressed and glad I got to go.


No comments:
Post a Comment