Monday, September 8, 2014

Kelp By The Shore

My Water Post For Today.

Today it is all about the kelp (AKA: Seaweed) at the shore.

California has huge kelp beds just off the coast and so lots of it washes up onto the shore.

Being I don't spend much time at the beach, I was playing around with it and photographing it.

I love the rich amber color of the leaves and the ball of air, that keeps the plant standing up in the water.

It harbors an amazing ecosystem of marine life and makes the California seashore, what it is.

I hope you enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. Not one of your best, but it is at the water line & I like the color of the Kelp, so I guess it's a win win post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought so. I have several of kelp on the sand, but this one had it showing off the shore.

    ReplyDelete