My son has been in Novi, Michigan at the EcoCar3 kick off event. I don't know much about how it is going, but the first thing to come from them is a sponsor video, which you can view HERE.
I am used to seeing minimal photos of my son and his team and yet, though this is a sponsor video, he and his team and the EcoCar2 are all over the place.
Minus the group photo from last year, my son and his friend turn up at :40 seconds in, members of the team at 1:05 in and immediately following the team, their car on the test course. This is truly the first time I have seen footage of his car being driven. The final photo of him is at 3:04 in to 3:08. Literally the final shot. Since the car is a different color, that was from year 2.
To say the least, his father and I are both happy to see him featured so prominently. Especially after the 9th place finish last year.
I guess things might be going a bit better this year...at least we can hope. :-)

This is a very impressive tape & Justin does come off as one of the special people who will be bring Cars into the next century.
ReplyDeleteMaybe they knew him, or maybe the felt bad because of the competition, all I know is I am pretty happy seeing it.
ReplyDeleteEcoCar should have a TopGear style challenge. Or let the Stig test drive all of the entries. :)
ReplyDelete