My Husband decided to watch the new Rocky Horror (Let's Do The Time Warp Again) on Fox.
So, since I was in the room, I kept track of it.
I have watched the 1975 original many, many times, starting with my sister and I, watching it on HBO every Saturday Night at Midnight.
I went to a Theatre with my then boyfriend and saw it.
When I moved to Los Angeles, my new boyfriend (now Husband) saw it with a Hicksville friend at the Tiffany Theatre on Sunset Blvd. It was the first time I got the full audience experience. I loved it.
Years later, we even went to a play at our PAC at College of the Canyons. It was also good.
Well, all in all, this new version was just a bit on the trippy side. My first impression was that this production had lots more money then the campy original.
In many ways, that ruined what is good about the original.
Of course, there is no one like Tim Curry's version of Frank-n-furter. Absolutely no one. (Though it was nice that they let the real Tim Curry play the narrator/criminologist.)
Some performances were good and others bad.
Being the original still plays in theatres, it really didn't need the remake...though I did like Riff Raff, played by the actor (Reeve Carney) who was in Spiderman Turn off the Dark. :-)
All in all, not anything I would have paid money for...but it had its moments.

No comments:
Post a Comment