We took an extra week off, since we were traveling to San Diego last weekend. It seemed silly to have a box of produce delivered, just in time for us to disappear. So it has been 3 weeks since I got a box of produce.
I am off cycle and didn't even get a list of what we were going to get, to bring with us to the store. In spite of all that, here it is.
4 Carrots
3 Beets
5 Apples
5 Pears
A bunch of Rapini (AKA: Broccoli Rabe)
9 tiny Purple Potatoes
Red and Green Lettuce
A big bunch of Spinach
9 Purple Radishes
1 Acorn Squash
Thyme
The Thyme is already dried and ready for use (though I threw some branches into my soup and my sauce, on Sunday.
2 carrots, 4 potatoes (the purple ones have lots of extra vitamins in them) and a large part of the spinach, ended up in my vegetable soup.
Lettuce ends up as salad. It is very sandy, I guess from the rain a few weeks ago?
Acorn Squash might end up used around Thanksgiving.
My Husband is a big beat fan. Let's see what we come up with for him.
The apples went into my first ever apple pie. More on that another day.
We are eating the Pears in our fruit salad.
I always feel better when I get a good part of the stuff used, before it goes bad.
They do not deliver on Thanksgiving and Christmas, so I am off the next 2 weeks. Another break in the action.

No comments:
Post a Comment