Saturday, December 5, 2015

The Disney Tree Lighting (2015)

I pick up the Disney Van at the front gate at Alameda Ave. On Thursday evening, it was the lighting of the lot Christmas Tree.

From what I gather, what used to be an employee event, has now been open to the D23 Members. You can see their event page, HERE.

This was not sitting too well, with the staff and as a matter of fact, a lot of the staff left.

I thought that was sad.

The tree is all the way on the other (ABC) side of the lot, so I did not see much of anything. This photo shows you what I saw.

It ends up that the walkway that comes out of the Disney Corporate Building (AKA The Seven Dwarfs Building), had food trucks parked around it selling food, tables where you could eat your food and tents where the Disney Princesses were holding court. You could have you photo taken with said princesses.

In the back of the lot they had a Ferris Wheel, for the kids to ride on.

One of my Van Pool riders went to it and she said she had a good time. She also told me that there were shelter dogs, available for adoption at the event.

I enjoyed watching what was going on, for the 15 minutes that I stood around waiting for the Van to arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment