Old Town Newhall is an area of my city, that has always been under redevelopment. It is the original settled area, right next to the railroad tracks. Over the years, a more or less western theme has been identified and so the storefronts on Main Street, have been coming around, as able and changing their fronts.
As new businesses lease some of the stores, they start with a store front that is approved by the city.
Such is the case of the Southern Smoke BBQ and Brew Restaurant.
I had to get a gift card the other day and so I visited this brand new business.
It has a nice frontage, with tables surrounded by a fence. Not western, but clean looking.
I was impressed with it. Then I walked in.
The business is just so tiny. They have a mirror right by the restrooms in the back, to make you think that there is another room back there. Of course, there is not.
They have a full bar that is the length of the side of the restaurant and then tables on the other wall. That is it.
Thankfully, they just leased the store right next to them, so by the end of the year, they should have double the space.
My friend (the man in charge of the van pool) loves it and told me that if you want a seat, you have to get there at something like 3PM.
Otherwise, the wait can be hours.
When I was there, it was empty (of course it was 9AM on a weekend).
The menu looks good and I hope sometime to drag my Husband to the restaurant, since I love BBQ.
Glad to see Newhall getting some love.

No comments:
Post a Comment