On Monday morning, before our tour of Taliesin West, our friends decided to take us for a ride up to South Mountain Park.
I seem to remember them taking me up there, many decades ago and it came up in conversation.
Next thing I know, we get in our cars and instead of Indian Fry Bread, I am driving my rental car on a barely 2 lane road with steep curves on it.
It went further then I expected, but at the end of the road, there was something called Dobbins Lookout and the towers of the TV and Radio stations, behind us.
The view up there was incredible and you could see from Camelback Mountain in Scottsdale (dead center in the first photo), all the way to places like Glendale.
The lookout itself has some old buildings that were put in by the CCC, back in the 30's and our friend said that at a point in time, they sold snacks at the structure. It is a ruin, now days.
When you turn around, you see behind you, those TV and Radio Towers. It looks a lot like Mount Wilson, but I don't have a clue which tower is which, though THIS website does.
The are on Mt. Suppoa, the highest point in the park at 2690 feet tall.
I had fun looking at it and seeing the resemblance between their antenna farm...and ours.


No comments:
Post a Comment