Saturday, October 1, 2022

High Holy Days (2022)

We are currently in the middle of the 10 days that signify the High Holy Days in Judaism.

I made a very nice matzo ball soup and cooked two cornish game hens that I picked up at Vons for just $5. Costco had a very delicious package of scalloped potatoes that we also had picked up about a month or so ago and being it was so large, I placed half of it into the freezer. A perfect accompaniment to the meal.

We have been eating them all for the better part of the week.

In my humble opinion, this was a total win/win situation and I am so happy that Vons made it a $5 Friday offer about a month ago.

To make the meal just a little special, I cut 2 apples and served them with the honey to dip them in.

The traditions go on, and even if I am a shiksha, I do what I can.

2 comments:

  1. No Comment,---- Shiksha, all I know is I would not have none any of what you did. A+++++ to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Made it to the other side on Wednesday and so we got inscribed for another year, I guess.

    ReplyDelete