Sunday, January 12, 2014

Some Of The Things I Miss In Oswego

I belong to an alumni group on Facebook and they talk about their college years in Oswego. I obviously have a leg up on all of them, because I was just there last semester. Well, the conversation in a thread moved into Wade's territory and one of the moderators decided to make it have it's own thread. So I joined the conversation and it made me realize how much I miss Wade's. More then the eggs and the bacon, I miss those wonderful yummy home fries. Thinly sliced and crunchy at the same time. Indescribably delicious and note, I am not a home fried potato fan. I also miss their cinnamon bread, cooked right on the grill and then buttered up. Yum, Yum!

The other thing I miss a lot, is the lovely Gothic Church in town. St. Mary's had such an old feel to it. More like the Church my family went to for my growing up years on Long Island. The kneelers in the Church were so incredibly heavy and took up most of the leg room and trust me, I don't miss that part. Otherwise, it was a very spiritual place and I miss visiting it.

I still have not gotten to our Church yet and that bothers me.

There was way too much going on during Christmas, to get over there, but I hope to rectify that situation soon...maybe today.

Oh and a final thing I miss...the snow. (I can't believe I am saying that), but I do. It's just a fact. :-)

2 comments:

  1. My Husband just came into were the computer is and said 'Your Sister is a loon', so I said I had not read her Blog yet. So I got to the Blog, the first part I liked, the second part I liked, so I could not understand what he was talking about, and then I read the last thing you wrote' sorry Sis. but you are a loon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now wait a minute! Didn't I start this part by saying that I couldn't believe I was saying this? :-)

    Just a fact, nothing I can do about it.

    ReplyDelete