This was my life over the past 4 1/2 months. Dodging geese and their droppings.
I have dealt with geese, as I walked around Bridgeport here in Santa Clarita, but I have never, in my life, seen so many geese "just hanging around" as I did on the Oswego Campus.
I talked to a friend who went to school with me and he does not remember geese and I don't remember geese, so I think something must have happened, to make them decide the Oswego Campus is a perfect place to nosh and poop.
It got so bad, dealing with their poop, that the campus bought a sweeper that they drive around the campus, cleaning up the incredible mess.
I remember one day, giving the driver the "Thumbs Up" as he drove by me, cleaning as he went.
I found them fascinating to watch, eating the grass, all day long and then moving on to another location, to eat more. They did not poop in the grass, they used the walkways exclusively. Smart geese.
My favorite geese memory was the start of a run for some charity. The gun goes off, the runners begin running up the hill and the geese that had been close by eating, began to follow the runners. I wished I had a camera, because it was a priceless moment!
The cold and snow did not bother them, at least when I was there. That amazed me the most, since I thought that they flew down south (to places like Bridgeport) for the winter. I guess I was wrong, because there were geese, right up until I left...Brrrr...


I guess the Geese are having the same problems as we are trying to get flights down south. :-(
ReplyDeleteI guess you might be right. :-)
ReplyDelete