The story began when I received not 2 or 3 persimmons in my box...but 9. Honestly, I had never had reason to touch a persimmon before. So I am a total newbee.
My work friend sent me a recipe for Persimmon Cookies and with some adjusting to make them to my taste, I have now eaten a persimmon cookie.
My one comment, is that persimmons seem to be not very overpowering, so basically the cookies taste like the spices that you add in.
No problem, in my book, they taste GREAT!
Persimmon Cookies
Dry ingredients:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour (if you like), otherwise increase the all-purpose flour to 2 cups.
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon cloves
Wet ingredients:
1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature (very important that the butter be at room temperature)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup persimmon pulp (from 2-3 persimmons)
1 large egg
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup raisins
Orange glaze:
2 cups confectioners' sugar
1/4 cup fresh orange juice
1 teaspoon orange zest
Mix together the dry ingredients in one bowl and the wet into the other. When the wet ingredients are well combined, slowly add in the dry ingredients and mix well.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and place the cookies on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper.
Bake for approx 15 minutes.
Note: they do not spread, so make sure you don't pile them up too high.
When they are done, dip the cookies into the orange glaze. Yum.

I am glad thy worked out, buy for once I am glad you didn't have any to send to me.
ReplyDeleteThey taste excellent and I brought some over to the soda shoppe today and gave them to Bruce and Eric. Hopefully, they will like them.
ReplyDelete