I remember my Mom making these cookies, from when I was a child.
She would make a large batch and put part of it into coffee tins, to keep for a couple of months.
Many years later, after I left my growing up house, my Mom got an electric cookie maker and gave me the old one.
I don't bring it down from the top shelf of my kitchen cupboard often, but once in a while (like this year) I do.
Scroll down to see the ancient cookie maker.
Hey, it still works! How about that. :-)
Ingredients
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
2 1/2 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon almond extract or vanilla
Few drops of food color, if desired
Directions
1 Heat oven to 400º. Beat butter, sugar and egg in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon. Stir in remaining ingredients.
2 Place dough in cookie press. Form desired shapes on ungreased cookie sheet.
3 Bake 5 to 8 minutes or until set but not brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet to wire rack; cool completely.


They look good, but to me they are too much trouble!!!!
ReplyDeleteWell, of course they are trouble...but in this case, they brought back some very old memories. :)
ReplyDeletenice..pictures brought back good memories..used to make them for our holiday parties..worth the trouble, at least for me...
ReplyDeleteTheresa, glad to see you and glad I brought back some good memories. I know it did, for me.
ReplyDelete