I mentioned the fact that my son was finally going to graduate from Cal State University Los Angeles, back in June.
He got "This" close to it. Due to the stress of the EcoCar3 competition in Yuma (when they needed a running car) he abandoned going to his classes and he failed one of them. Thus, he was 3 credits short of graduation.
I had the tassel, but not the diploma.
So the tassel hung on the side of the computer monitor these past 6 months. Me looking at it and wondering if he would finally pass that last class.
On the Thursday after grades were due, the word came that he passed one of his 2 classes and thankfully, it was the one that he had to pass.
So my Husband and I were feeling like we might have a son who is a college graduate...but we have had our hopes dashed so many times, we were cautious about proclaiming it to the world.
On Christmas Eve, we get an email from my son, showing us that the diploma is on its way and this is what it looked like. There was a tiny photo on the email and the only thing you could read, was my son's name. Closer...we are closer.
So in honor of the fact that I really think this has happened, I took his tassel and moved it onto my Christmas tree. Sitting between my Oswego Christmas ornament and my Husband's Fresno State Ornament.
He will soon get one of his own, to hang on our tree, but for now, I am happy.
Congratulations son.
As of January, he begins working toward his Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering, as a Grad Student.

Congratulations Justin we are so proud of you. Also It looks like Geoff may be home today, I am still waiting for the call, something else to be Happy about!!
ReplyDeleteMartha, that is great news!
ReplyDelete