Three weeks have passed and we were eligible to get our second appointment to receive the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine at Magic Mountain.
I got a confirmation from the State, but my Husband did not.
We heard that just having the date on the back side of our white card, was enough and it did work out that way.
They had to put my Husband's information into the computer system once again, but he did get vaccinated with me. Yay!
Hopefully we are done with this process.
=========================
Update: 24 hours after the 2nd vaccine.
Arm hurts once again. Sigh...
I went to bed early, partially because I did not sleep after 3AM the night before. Darn lake effect snow in Oswego.
I woke up an hour after I went to sleep and found out that my arm was totally numb. I shook it out and it came back to normal, but then I moved out to the family room for the remainder of the night. Woke up to a bit of stiffness in my muscles, but not much else.
Tired and I will take it slow today.
If anything else happens, hopefully I will let you all know.
=========================
Update 2: 48 hours after the 2nd vaccine.
I was achy all day yesterday but I seem to be better this morning.
I did manage to finish my college work for the week, big sigh of relief. I was worried that I would have lost my brain function, at least temporarily.
Slept OK, no arm going numb on me and I did not end up going to the bathroom in the middle of the night and then not being able to go to sleep. Both good signs that I am over the worst of it.
If anything changes, I will update (again) on this post.

"YAY!" indeed. I'm sure you both know to keep taking your by-now-habitual external precautions for the foreseeable future when out and about, but I'm so glad you both have your official internal protection now.
ReplyDeleteThis makes four people I know (or at least that I know of so far ... two couples, each on different coasts) who have gotten their full set of COVID vaccinations.
The only word I've received has been an email from my state which boils down to a general update on the whole situation, but it's basically a "Hey, we didn't forget about you ... Please be patient" email. Then it reiterated the qualifications one must meet (which I don't) to be eligible (so I'm not) at this still early date. I'm still expecting it to take at least another month (or even two) yet before I hear anything more definitive about getting my first shot. In the meantime, I can only take my usual precautions, these days wearing a surgical mask under a cloth mask (as per the latest official recommendations from the science-y folks) and the usual distancing and frequent hand washing.
My "rehab" walking has curtailed significantly due to weather (cold and significant snow about every third or fourth day). My outside walks might be averaging only about every third day now. I still try to get out most other (non-actively snowing) days at least for some short errands of some kind, either a supermarket food run for a few items or Dollar Tree (all relatively quick non-lingering in-and-outs). It gets me out and walking a little. I just have to be much more aware of and careful about others around me indoors ... I'm constantly trying to gauge their intelligence levels and/or political affiliations and loyalties; If I hear them say something I don't like, I put even more distance between them and me!
Hoping I have a certain amount of natural immunity from having had COVID, but that being said, I'm not putting all my immunity eggs ("Mmmmm ... Immuuuunity eggggsss") in that one basket. There are no guarantees I can't get it again to whatever degree, either more or less severe, especially with the mutant variations probably becoming much more common. I have not been tested for antibody levels and have no plan to get tested. I have whatever antibodies I have and can't change it until I can get vaccinated.
So I'm still trying to live as if I never had COVID and on the assumption I can get it again---which I'd rather not, thank you very much! Still pretty much self-isolating, not hanging around anybody anywhere for any length of time if I don't 100% completely know and trust them to have kept up with their own habitual safety precautions. There's really only one person I do trust to be around for eating (meaning maskless) and that's my friend who also had COVID at the same time I did (from the same source). And even then we do that only in our own trusted environments and we only have the masks off for eating, then put them right back on.
(I vowed to myself I was going to keep my comment extremely brief this time! LOL! I'll try to do better next time, I really will, I swear...)
Hey Dim Skip!
ReplyDeleteI believe you will have to wait longer, due to you having it already. Someday your turn will come. :-)
Yeah, lucky me! That's my assumption too, because otherwise why would the question even be on the form? Although I think it would have been a good idea not only to ask if people had already had COVID, but whether or not they were hospitalized for it or had a drawn out recovery from it. I just recently read a piece somewhere which suggested that folks who have had COVID, but had a hard time of it may have less antibodies floating around in their bloodstream. (Which would seem to make some logical sense.) So maybe just the fact of having had COVID shouldn't necessarily in and of itself be a major determining factor of one's placement on the list... It's complicated, I know. But I'm just speculating. In reality, I don't want to be jumping the line ahead of others who are even more at risk, so I'm OK with being patient.
ReplyDeleteAt any rate, I was probably "mild to moderate" in severity: hospitalized for a week for treatment, but never needed oxygen (though the spasmodic coughing from the pneumonia was prolonged and rough). I probably have decent antibodies. And personally I'm OK with isolating and continuing to do the basic precautions (unlike some folks out there in the world who act as if it's a prison sentence to be asked to wear a mask). I should probably be safe until I can get the shots. It's the growing mutant strains that are most potentially worrisome, though.
Minor personal update: Today I walked 4 continuous laps (about 1.6 miles total) around the man-made lake at my local park. Not fast, but not slow, just a normal pace. That's the longest continuous walk I've done yet on my self-prescribed "rehab" routine. I could have probably even done another lap for the full even 2 miles, but it was chilly and I saw no reason to suddenly go completely nuts and risk overdoing it. I was well satisfied with the 4 continuous laps, so... good enough.
Good on you for the increase in walking. Baby steps to better health (but don't overdue it). I am feeling that I might almost be up to your level on immunity, so don't feel too bad for not getting the shot right now. We both need to continue to wear masks, quarantine from others not in our pod, etc. So nothing has changed. Take care, my friend.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the updates! If that's the worst you have, small price to pay for the protection and peace of mind.
ReplyDelete