
My Water Post For Today.
The pond at the Korean War Memorial was the most beautiful body of water that I saw the entire time I was at our Nation's Capitol.
The fact that it was an infinity pond and surrounded by black granite, is part of it's attraction to me. The stunning beauty of the yellow trees, in contrast to the black, well, it took my breath away.
I hope you enjoy the serenity of the pond, which stands in contrast to the fighting men, on patrol right next to it.
We just saw this one the other week ourselves; took C's Mom. She says it's rather eerie at nighttime!
ReplyDeleteKevin: I never thought of seeing the Korean War Memorial at night.
ReplyDeleteThe men on patrol would definitely be eerie at night, since they are so life size.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteA beautiful photo, Angel. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteI know the Vietnam War Memorial at night is indescribable -- I actually prefer to visit it then. I'm hopeful the next time I'm in DC I'll get to visit the Korean War Memorial both at night and during the day
The Korean War Memorial is my favorite spot in DC. And I think the squad is larger than life. Very moving. And the fountain is lovely! Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDelete