Monday, November 9, 2009

Meet Me Tonight In Atlantic City



My Water Post For Today.

The song by Bruce Springsteen just kept running through my mind, as I walked the Boardwalk and turned to the left. Seeing the Jersey Shore at Atlantic City, the way people have for Centuries, was humbling. The desolate beach, the waves crashing with a wildness I did not see earlier in the day by Barnegat Light. Of course the light house is protected and this seashore is definitely NOT.

I hope you enjoy a walk with me along the Jersy Shore...



Well now, evrything dies, baby, that's a fact
But maybe evrything that dies someday comes back
Put your makeup on, fix your hair up pretty
And meet me tonight in atlantic city

4 comments:

  1. Sometimes it amazes me what you can come up with!!!! The only thing I will say is Thank God you are my sister, you make me so proud!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary to you, my sister. :-)

    Well, I don't know about making anyone proud, but this is me and this is where my mind went. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice coloring in those clouds...

    I only go to A.C. if there's a rare show there, but the beach tends to look much darker at night! And S.D. has been appearing at Borgata the last few years which is well away from the main drag of A.C. In fact, it's not technically part of A.C. at all.

    Always nice to have a musical tie-in to a post! Personally, I've never been a big Bruce fan, but I like a handful of some of his earlier hits and "Atlantic City" is definitely right up there.

    I've heard Bruce's version, of course, but the one I have in my own collection is by John Anderson (country dude). He performs it pretty much straight (although I think there may be a prominent fiddle in the mix if I recall correctly—I have no idea now about the original Bruce version), but Anderson's vocal sound is unique and immediately recognizable. He's one of those singers (in any genre) whom no one else sounds like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am Rockin' Bruce Fan only. Mostly the early stuff. :-)
    I didn't know Atlantic City was covered. Thanks!

    The clouds were going that way, because it was sunset. I may have done a very small amount of tweaking, but it was already there.

    ReplyDelete