Wednesday, September 15, 2010

30 Seconds To Mars Gets A Moon Man



30 Seconds to Mars does better, when on tour in Europe.
American audiences are not quite as enamored of them as places like England, South America, Eastern Europe and France.
Which is a shame in my book.
They are an AMERICAN BAND!
A great one, at that.
So it was with shock and amazement that I saw that they were nominated for 4 Video Music Awards (VMA's), by MTV.
They ended up taking home only one Moon Man, for best Rock Video, but hey, it was a first and it might bode well for ticket sales on the second leg of their US Tour, going on right now.
I can hope.

Here is a video of their arrival onto the red carpet.

They had the fans who bicycled in their nominated film, escort them to the carpet.

I thought that was a great thing...that was until I saw the weird stuff that nominees do. Including the meat dress worn by Lady Gaga...but I digress.

They were a class act in the midst of chaos.

I am so proud to be a fan.

===========
Photos:
Jared Leto in his
really cool outfit,
for the MTV Awards.

4 comments:

  1. I just wish Mr. Leto would take off the dark glasses so a person could see those beautiful eyes of his! Glad to hear they're getting some recognition. I just created another fan -- had "This is War" on in the car when I was driving around with a friend, and she's seeking them out now. And it's all your fault for turning ME on to them in the first place!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Piglet: LOL!

    The current rumor is that the next music video out after "This Is War" which got delayed for some reason, is going to be "Hurricane" and it is going to be (I believe the word was) sexual. Hmmmmmm...

    I really loved that photo, over on the right. I am not a Jared fan, but yeah, those eyes would make it a perfect photo. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard "Hurricane" was to be "very, very, very, very" sexual, according to Jared himself. Hmmmmm, indeed.

    They were supposed to be at First Avenue here in Mpls either last night or tonight (can't remember which, didn't know until earlier this week), but it's been postponed. *pout*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, they had to cancel many dates, so that they could do all the MTV pre and post stuff, I guess. I am sure sometime they will come your way. Definitely worth the money!!!!!

    ReplyDelete