
When we were in Chinatown last week, we walked over to Chinatown Central Plaza.
The kids were looking for the place that they all had dinner, on the day my Marine son and his "friend" met for the first time. I fell behind them, because I stopped at a bakery and so I had a few moments to check out the beautiful lanterns that highlight this area of Chinatown.
My thought on this is that they are red in color, to bring prosperity to the shopkeepers who work in the Plaza.
I find them fascinating to view and so incredibly photogenic.

A quick side note:
The more I learn about the ways of the East, the more I appreciate what they do.
I know that presents are given to each other in bright red envelopes and as a matter of fact, I bought some to use sometime.
As I found out from my asian son, his sister was married in a red dress.
Many marriages have the bride clothed in red to bring good luck to the couple.
Just an aside here. I had a lot of Internet trouble last night and kept losing connectivity. Maybe writing about red, caused my router to keep changing color from green to red. :-)
ReplyDeleteonly you :-)
ReplyDeleteYeah, sometimes life is like that. In good news, it forced me to pay my bills. lol
ReplyDelete