
We traveled to Westlake Village on Monday. After our business was concluded, we stopped at Exotic Thai Cafe, just down the block in Thousand Oaks.
I had done a search of places to eat in the area and this one sounded great. My son agreed and so we dragged my Hubby with us. He went for the roasted Chicken, which turned out dry. He ate some of our food, which helped him enjoy his more.
My son and I got 2 combos (which allowed us to take leftovers home. Always a good thing with my son.
He doesn't want to bring any of HIS entree home, but loves it so much when Mom does.

I had Spicy Chicken and Basil and Pad Thai (per my son's order). He got Sushi and Cashew Chicken. Both chicken dishes were excellent. I was so so on the Pad Thai (I had read reviews that said to steer clear of it, but since my son wanted it, I let him have it). We had fried squid for an appetizer and it was really great! So often squid is tough, but this was melt in your mouth tender.
All in all a nice place to spend an hour or so and the staff were just wonderfully friendly and helpful.
Actually any Thia food, always is a winner in this house!! Glad you all enjoyed it. :-)
ReplyDeleteI ventured into a Thai resturant in August for a friends birthday and found it a delicious experience. My friend is a vegetarian and she wanted to try the tofu dishes there, but I went for the shrimp and chicken. Good choice!
ReplyDeleteTom: Speaking of Vegetarian...the eggplant dish looked excellent and maybe next time I will try it.
ReplyDeleteI am glad to hear that Thai food has moved out onto the Island. It takes a while sometimes for it to reach the far edges of Long Island. I work by Thai Town in LA, so technically I could eat it more often then I end up doing.
Martha: The place reminded me a little bit of your Sushi Restaurant. I love how a little storefront restaurant can decorate a place so beautifully...like your Sushi Restaurant in particular.