We made it to Labor Day Weekend. Woot!
In honor of the last hurrah of summer, I thought I would (once again) highlight train travel during the summer and holidays.
Here we are on a stop in Houston, Texas.
It was a long one and so we got out and we took lots of photos of Houston and (of course) photos of both of us. The thing is, that they didn't let us know how much time we had and so we stayed right there on the platform.
There was a station a few feet away and I know I would have loved to go into it, but I was scared that the train would pull out without me, so I stayed put.
We have done this at several places in our travels (Austin, Texas comes to mind). Each time, just us on a platform.
We were once were in Albuquerque, New Mexico and we were told in advance that we would be there for a particular amount of time. So we actually walked around the town a little and took photos.
So many times, we are running late and so you worry that we are going to try to make up time at these stops. Thus, you just get a little air and then get back in the train.
A half hour or so later, there you are, still sitting on that same platform. Oh well, who knew?
Hope you enjoy the photos and have a great Labor Day Weekend.


No comments:
Post a Comment