Friday, September 11, 2015

Freedom Wins The Day

Compared to New York, Washington and Pennsylvania, Los Angeles had no major problems on 9/11. There was a point where there was a missing plane in the air and its destination was to be LA, but thankfully, that did not occur.

I remember the day well, from the first message I saw on a Steely Dan Board at 6:30AM, to the endless day. First the commute into Downtown, with everyone in those high rises running home, to get away from that possible missing plane. Thousands running home and me, going the opposite way, to get into work. What was I? Nuts? Yes, I was and it is the life of a Broadcaster.

When I got in we were running CNN on our channel most of the day. At one point my President, Al Jerome, came into our office and said that he knew how hard this was to accomplish, but we had to do it...and so we did.

I had friends in the area of the buildings, but thankfully, not my immediate family.

All of mine were safe, but I am sure they carry their own baggage around, from that day.

14 years ago and in good news, we have a new building up in Downtown New York, shining the light of Freedom.

It stands proud for a nation that will never forget that day.

2 comments:

  1. It was a day that I was not working, & I was home just watching nothing on TV when my Husband called from work & told me to watch Ch 4 News, which we watched for many days after. It was the day that everything changed for all of us in the United States,The day the World Trade Center was attacked by Airplanes & two of the towers fell. The Pentagon, was also attacked & the People on the plane decided to do something take action against the people who were going to hit the White house, & caused the plane to crash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I never head your story.

    ReplyDelete