It has been 3 weeks and here we are again. More produce has arrived and it is basically a good bunch of stuff.
From last time: I did not use any of the lettuce and I apologize for that. Bad angel.
Otherwise, all was eaten and our favorite thing was the Daikon Radish Dip we made. Big hit with my Husband and I. My son was not as impressed and was sad that I did not make Daikon Radish Chips for him.
In honor of that fact, I added on an order of Daikon Radish ($2.50 extra) and now we have 6 of them. So I intend to make more of that Zesty Radish Dip and also make the chips.
Here is what we got.
3 Asian Pears
Butternut Squash
a basket of Cherry Tomatoes
6 Granny Smith Apples
1 head of Red and Green Lettuce
2 Pickling Cucumbers
1 bunch of Sage
2 Zucchini
3 Sweet Peppers
5 Tokyo Turnips
5 Tomatoes
Fall has arrived! We have our first Butternut Squash. Yay!
I think I will make home made sauce from all the tomatoes I have. I can add zucchini to the sauce, too. The guys never know.
Remember those brown apples from last time? Well they ended up being Asian Pears and I just got 3 more in this order. Live and learn.
I definitely intend to fry the sage. I have seen it done, multiple times on cooking shows and would like to use some of this bunch. I am not sure if I would use it all.
The Tokyo Turnips look like white radishes. I will probably use them in salad.
Well, that's it. Happy New Year to those who celebrate the Jewish Holidays.

No comments:
Post a Comment