Tuesday, March 22, 2016

A Soccer Complex And A Child Taken Away

Two stories making news in Santa Clarita, have me shaking my head.

The first one has been ongoing for the past few months.

A soccer field that has been in business for over 20 years, is being pushed out of its location by an apartment complex that was built within feet of the field.

To me, people complaining about this soccer field, are the same as people who complain about an airport that has been in the same location for decades.

You knew this going in, so what a you kvetching (Yiddish word for complaining) about?

The residents kept bringing it up at our City Council meetings and the owner of the field, finally decided it was time to go. I personally feel he should have continued to fight this, but he wanted to be a good neighbor and so he relocated.

You can read the entire sad article, HERE.

The second story has been going on for the past 24 hours. It happens to be about 2 blocks from my home.

A foster child was taken from her family and moved to Utah on Monday, because she is 1.6 Native American.

The Foster Parents tried using the media to sway public opinion and for the most part, did so. Unfortunately, Child Services came and took the child to go live with members of her father's family. Supposedly, she will be living with a sister and another sister lives nearby. The child has no knowledge of these siblings.

I get the feeling that this was drawn out, way too long and the results are seriously going to impact the young child.

Sometimes I feel like where I live, is not so Awesometown.

2 comments:

  1. 1) who cares if an apartment building is near a Soccer Field. Is that like the Housing complex being built near a Fireworks field, that had been there for so many years. I think people are getting to self centered, too mine, mine, mine. I want this. & 2) did anyone ask the child what she wanted? The world is getting to weird these days!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Martha, that is a good question. The parents never said.

    ReplyDelete