Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Psanky Eggs, Finally Finished

As I mentioned in my Easter post, I finally got my Ukranian eggs finished.

In the case of my first test egg, all I needed to do, was melt and wipe off the wax. Not a big job, but I had not done it.

For my project egg, I was short the final coating of wax and then the dye job in black.

It was beautiful how it was, but I wanted it finished. So I broke down and bought a Psanky kit, to finish it.

Saturday night, just hours before Easter, I sat down at my computer and lit the candle, that signals the beginning of Psanky egg making.

You use the heat of the candle to melt the wax with. Nothing gets done, without the wax.

It was difficult, because I had large areas to wax up. Finally it was done and I mixed the black color.

For whatever reason, these colors are not like regular Easter decorating colors.

The egg finally took the color and after it dried, I started wiping off the wax.

OMG, it came out just great, with the red flower and the green dots and the yellow highlights in the flowers.

Totally a beautiful egg.

I am glad I learned how to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment