Sunday, March 13, 2016

Psanky Egg Decorating Workshop

My normal invitation to spend a few hours working on an Icon, came last month.

I have no Icon to work on, at this point and so I usually ignore it.

Due to the fact that Easter is coming, our teacher decided to hold a special class and have it taught by a person who knows how to decorate Eggs, using the Psanky Ukrainian method, with beeswax and dyes.

Being I am into coloring eggs and this totally interested me, I decided to attend. It was free, too.

Win!

The class had us bring 2 eggs, one to practice on and one to do this lovely design on.

I did not get either of my eggs done, because they asked us to stop working on egg number 1, so that we would have enough time for egg number 2.

Well, the 2 hours were not enough, as it ended up and so I am one dye job away from being finished.

Here is a photo of the egg, made by the woman who sat next to me. Nina is Ukrainian (or she attends a church that is Russian Orthodox) and so she is an expert at making these eggs.

This photo is her egg, to give you an idea of how a completed one looks.

Mine has the red dye on it and I still needed to wax the entire star, before the final black dye job, could be done.

Maybe someday...

2 comments: