
Here we are, on the other side of Yom Kippur and hopefully that means we (The Jewish side of the angel family) has been inscribed in the book of life for another year.
My family normally goes to a relative's home, for the traditional post Yom Kippur breaking of the fast. You can read a little bit about it, here.
Traditionally, a dairy meal is served, though we served chicken salad, instead of egg salad, since we had some devilish deviled eggs that we were trying for the first time. I just felt like there was too much egg, so chicken it is.
I used egg beaters in the matzoh kugel and the matzoh ball soup. Trying desperately to cut down on the amount of egg yokes used. :-)

So here is a new recipe, which I found online at Deviled Eggs Dot Com.
A Little Bit Devilish Deviled Eggs
6 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and cut lengthwise
¼ cup Light Mayonnaise or Salad Dressing
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
1 teaspoon chives, chopped very fine for filling
1 teaspoon chives, chopped fine for garnish
3 dashes of hot sauce, your choice of brand and heat
1/8 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
Paprika for garnish, or for extra kick, use a light sprinkle of chili powder
Pop out (remove) the egg yolks to a small bowl and mash with a fork. Add mayonnaise, mustard, 1 tsp of the chives, hot sauce, salt and pepper and mix thoroughly. Fill the empty egg white shells with the mixture and sprinkle lightly with chives then the paprika.
Cover lightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to one day before serving.
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. looks very tasty! enjoy your day!
ReplyDeleteThanks, the little bit of hot sauce (I used Cholula Hot Sauce) made them, IMHO.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.cholula.com/
Looks good, Hope you did enjoy everything.:-)
ReplyDeleteYep, it came out wonderful...though Hubby says I put too much vanilla into the kugel. He called it Vanilla Pudding. I told him my Mom said you could never add too much vanilla. LOL
ReplyDeleteOh, fer YUM. I love devilled eggs (and Cholula Hot Sauce is good stuff!).
ReplyDeleteAnd I agree with your mom: you can never have too much vanilla!
Piglet: Thanks so much for the support. :-)
ReplyDelete