Since it's Sunday, I thought I would post a photo that I took inside the Cathedral of Our Lady Queen of the Angels in December.
This photo was taken through one of the passageways between the outer area and the actual church itself.
There was a Mass going on, when we visited, so I took the photo with the walls of the passageway framing the beautiful lights, fixtures and soaring windows and ceiling.
I think it is a truly beautiful worship space.
For a more detailed post with photos of the space, check out my post from 2008, HERE.

A place that I love. And a place that I was in on the same day that you took this photo, separated by hours alone. I am still so sad that we did not get to meet up when I was in LA in December.
ReplyDeleteBut this picture, our friendship and our faith connect us. And we will see each other one of these days, on a visit east for you, or west for me!
Thanks for the photo.
BTW, I think I may have mentioned this before, but my professor was the artistic director of the Cathedral project. I always think about how in 2003, I stood in that space and wept from the beauty of what I saw and that in 2008, I sat in his classroom. Life goes in places that you never expect. All things are possible with God.
Yes, Fran. We will meet sometime. Definitely! :-)
ReplyDeleteI refuse to wait til it has been 40 years, so we had better get it together in the next 4 or 5. lol
Cool fact about your professor. Did he impart interesting things about how the worship space was set up?